Author Topic: Indonesia, Togian Islands, Walea  (Read 4155 times)

mikey

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: Over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Indonesia, Togian Islands, Walea
« on: October 08, 2008, 16:51:15 UTC »
Walea was the highlight, climax, the Grande Finale of my this years vacation (Thailand - Burma, Philippines - Tubbataha Reef). I enjoyed the tranquillity and beautiful setting of the place. The dives were magnificent, exactly the ideal mixture for me, some amazing reef dives with a variety and abundance of fish, coral and sponges I´ve seldom seen before - the thrilling strong current dives, the dives into the deep blue with five hammerheads (!!!), huge thuna and schools of barracuda and jacks. The meals, that special indonesian italian creation, were mouth watering delicious and a real treat. (

Travelnsj

• Total Dves: 500-1000
Re: Indonesia, Togian Islands, Walea
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 03:40:05 UTC »
Did you post a trip report? Was that an LOB you were on?
I endeavor to pursue....Spend most of my diving time in the Indo-Pacific region. Lembeh Straits, Raja Ampat and Palau are my favorites!

mikey

• Total Dves: Over 1000
Re: Indonesia, Togian Islands, Walea
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 13:05:18 UTC »
no trip report posted by me, was a landbased dive resort, see for yourself at www.walea.com - a bit tough to reach the place, mostly one night in a hotel at Manado, a 1.5 h flight to Luwuk, 1.5 h with car to cross the mountains, 45 min by boat to reach the island, but really worth it, run by a very nice Italian couple (Simona and Lucas). You can book the whole roundabout trip from M. through these guys. If you need more, contact me at mijoe@arcor.de

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.