Author Topic: Thousand Islands  (Read 3478 times)

• Subscriber?: yes
Thousand Islands
« on: October 08, 2008, 16:31:25 UTC »
Dove with Seeway Vision ( in mid-July.  Water temperature in mid-70's, viz around 70 feet.  Operator was first rate; crew even carried gear from/to unloading/loading area to boat.  Intact wooden wrecks, some marine life, interesting geology.  Whenever possible, all dives finished with a drift dive, some as long as 40 minutes; if you were lucky, a freighter passed nearby.

There are several dive operators in Brockville ON, whose highway signs herald it as a dive destination.  It is.  Many of the operators have arrangements with hotels that discount the prices. 

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 0-100
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Re: Thousand Islands
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 02:58:51 UTC »
I'm up here now as I'm writing this and spoke with a local diver this aftrenoon.  Said water temps are quickly cooling down but if you can get in within the next week or so temps are in low 50's which helped kill off most of the summer algae.  This I was told leads to viz in the 7- 80 foot range!

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include French Polynesia Master Liveaboard!.