Author Topic: Curacao- where to stay?  (Read 3455 times)

Dawn

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Curacao- where to stay?
« on: September 20, 2008, 17:32:12 UTC »
We have been goung to the Carib Inn on Bonaire for years- now it is becoming too difficult to get there, requiring an overnight in Curacao. We are considering just diving in Curacao. Looking for somewhere with a kitchenette, close to most places by foot, including grocery. Hopefully it would be on the water. I don't want to have to get a rental car. If anyone is familiar with the Carib Inn on Bonaire, perhaps they could tell me of something comparable on Curacao. An alternative would be an all inclusive resort. We live in Fla., on the west coast. Any othergood dive  destinations that would be reasonable would be appreciated.

RobertEE

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Curacao- where to stay?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 13:48:36 UTC »
We stayed at Sunset Waters resort last March and enjoyed our stay.  It was set up as an all inclusive, but can be done a la carte, however there are no kitchette units that I am aware of.  Look further down on other posts for comments on Curacao and SW.  You are a bit remote on the northwestern side of the island but they have a free daily shuttle into town.  The dive op and resort were very nice, just not perfect.   You can google some and perhaps come up with a condo rental or two.  It might be difficult to get by if you go that route without a car.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.