Author Topic: Singapore Air Changes?  (Read 3776 times)

masguy

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Singapore Air Changes?
« on: September 17, 2008, 15:17:28 UTC »
 ??? My wife and I were planning our next Pacific/Indian Ocean dive trip and were shocked to learn that changes have been made at Singapore Air.  SA used to be the best way to fly to the Pacific; big comfy seats, food service, and just plain good service. But now apparently Singapore did away with its coach plus service (comparable to other carriers' business class). 

Is this just mindless hysteria on our part, or has there really been a change?

So, has anyone here flown coach on Singapore in the last month, on the LA or DC to Singapore route?  Any changes?  If so, what is the new experience like?

Is there any other airline that still has the old Singapore Air service and comfort at the old SA price?

Thanks

nick arismendi

• Subscriber?: yes
Re: Singapore Air Changes?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 21:56:11 UTC »
I came back from Singapore in early November to San Francisco. It is still the best airline in the world that I have flown on! I've been all over the world and nothing compares to the service provided and yes they still have a business class, albeit expensive. We went to the Kasawari Resort in Lembeh Straight and we were not disappointed. SF to SIN via Seoul 19 hrs with only 1 hr in Korea to refuel and clean the plane. Singapore to Manado 4.5 hrs spent 10 days at the resort and then reversed the trip. I would do it again tomorrow if I could, that easy, that simple! Stayed at the transit hotel at the Singapore airport and it is well worth the money to take a shower and relax. Terminal 3 hotel is newer that terminal 2 hotel but still worth it. The only change that I am aware of is the fact that they now weigh your carry on luggage 8 kilo  and they are strict about it. Other than that a great experience flying! 

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.