Author Topic: Curacao Tips  (Read 4090 times)

Nels

• Subscriber?: yes
Curacao Tips
« on: August 27, 2008, 15:33:03 UTC »
We (4 divers) are renting a private home near Habitat Curacao Resort in early Sept. We'll have a car. Never been to Bonaire or Curacao before. Any insight appreciated. We're thinking of diving with Habitat Curacao. Any other operator suggestions? We've heard not as much shore diving on Curacao as Bonaire. True? Good shore/boat dive sights? Any "don't miss" restaurants?

Thanks.

seger005

Re: Curacao Tips
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:00:58 UTC »
we just returned from our third trip to Curacao. we have stayed at sunset waters resort on each of those visits.  i did my diving with sunset waters dive shop and have found them to be fantastic.  they are professional and very friendly and helpful.  sunset resort is all inclusive so we didn't get out to eat on the economy. 

you must do a dive at watamula - it is on the west end of the island and Habitat or Sunset can get you there.  shore diving is easy and all the reefs on the west end are very good. 

enjoy. i wish i was back.

Nels

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 03:55:10 UTC »
Thanks, seger005, we appreciate the suggestion. We'll check it out. Now it's time to start praying we don't run into any hurricanes connecting through Miami!

RobertEE

• Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 13:05:09 UTC »
I second serger005 about SW resort and dive op.  We were there in March and enjoyed it.  There is a wreck dive right outside of the town harbor that other guests at SW booked through another dive op.  They thought it was very worthwhile and they were told this dive site may soon be banned (I assume for safety reasons being right along where the cruise ships are).  Others have told us Papagayo Resort is another great choice on the NW side of the island.

Nels

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 14:53:21 UTC »
Thanks, RobertEE.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.