Author Topic: Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures  (Read 5016 times)

Kenny1

• Subscriber?: yes
Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures
« on: August 13, 2008, 04:16:35 UTC »
Just received my open water cert card recently. Going to West Palm Beach, Fl in November. Has anyone used JASA and if so how was your experience? Thanks

DocV

• Global Moderator
Re: Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 17:00:42 UTC »
Highly recommended.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Dane Foucher

• Dane Foucher
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 18:29:12 UTC »
I couldn't agree with Doc more.... they were fantastic.  I remember booking, and prepaying a day trip several weeks in advance to do some Gulf Stream diving out of West Palm Beach.  The week before we arrived in West Palm, the area was drenched in rain for several days, leaving zero vis when we got there.  Normally, a "Rain Check" would have been offered, but no refund.  Since I live in Michigan, and the chances of return anytime soon were remote, they cheerfully refunded my money and directed me further south to the Keys, calling ahead to assure availability at another dive operation.  Above and beyond the normal for sure.

Several years later, I did return and had a wonderful experience with them.  Top notch operation.

Tioga

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 23:12:00 UTC »
you can't be talking about my Jim Abernathy who does shark dives and just lost a diver to a tiger? He's obnoxious and unprofessional as anyone I have traveled with over the years..He swore that he never chums the water to the courts, but I have been there and have seen....I have been diving for 50yrs. and thousands of dives. His boat always looses the AC and the fumes travel tho the boat

Don Stark

• Get Wet and Have Fun!
    • ScubaVisions TV
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 21:30:36 UTC »
Abernethy is the only West Palm dive operator I go out with when I go down there.  He's always run a safe operation and is very informative.  Even when doing shark dives.  Accidents happen.
Don
Don Stark
ScubaVision Productions
Follow me at Twitter:  DonStark
www.ScubaVisions.TV

Dawn

• Underwater photographer?: no
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 17:17:43 UTC »
Our dive club just dove with JASA last weekend- outstanding, safety- minded crew. Good dive masters in the water with you.Snacks, sodas, pineapple between dives. As an added treat, just as we were leaving, Jim Abernathy brought a cooler on board with leather back and loggerhead babies they were releasing. About 10 years ago, we dove with them a lot; i could never say anything bad about them! regards, Dawn

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.