Author Topic: Inflator/regulator combo maintenance  (Read 168 times)

• Subscriber?: no
  • Total Dves: 0-100
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Inflator/regulator combo maintenance
« on: September 27, 2016, 17:25:03 UTC »
Hey guys, I am a pretty new diver and just bought my first set of gear.  I have a Diverite Transpac XT with the voyager wing and also the Diverite regulator. The question I have, is that I also bough a Tusa Duo-air inflator combo because I dont like having so many hoses. My question is what sort of maintenance concerns are there with having this type backup second stage. Obviously I dont really want water to get into the regulator, but every time i have rinsed the inside of a BCD is has involved allowing water to go thru the inflator hose, which seems like maybe not the best if i have the setup that I do.......any thoughts? I would be interested in hearing thoughts from others who use this type of setup for their back-up 2nd stages.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include French Polynesia Master Liveaboard!.