Author Topic: Subal VS1 housing for canon xa20  (Read 1166 times)

moosecooper

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: Over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Subal VS1 housing for canon xa20
« on: February 17, 2016, 06:38:42 UTC »
I brought this housing thru "Backscater " and had it delivered to New Zealand in September 2015.I brought a new video camera to fit But when I got both together nothing would work.Contacted Subal and let Backscater no [have kept them in the loop] about it and sent the handle and remote off to be programed.Returned,still no go.Took photo of unit and e/mailed to Subal [reply the cord is wrong and a new one was sent.Still no go!!!Next sent rear housing-remote and handle to Subal Returned at the end of December.[ +  the front of a housing and port which they hadnt missed ]Still no go!!! Sent camera/ rear1/2 of housing/ handle/ fiberoptic cable and remote and battery holder back to Subal.[ = returned front 1/2 of housing and port ]they worked on it after the BOOT Show and sent photos and video of it working!!!!!!Sent back to nz arriving today [2/17/16 ] Spent all afternoon charging camera battery and putting to- gether [ The lens cover and battery holder missing this time]And you Guest it it will not go.Our summer is at a end and I havent shot one bit of footage this summer,So I am going to return the housing to Backscatter and trust they will replace it with a [reliable unit like a Gates ] and I can get in the water with it before April. HAVE YOU HAD PROBLEMS LIKE THIS?????

moosecooper

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: Over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Subal VS1 housing for canon xa20
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 06:10:18 UTC »
Yesterday I sent the housing back to the U.S.A. to have it replaced with one of a nother make that works and I dont have to spend lots of $$ returning it for repairs that dont work.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.